Oscars - return of the watching.

It has been quite some time since I have watched or followed the Oscars. Thats what I told my friend while picking him up on the way to the office. We then went on to discuss some movies and awards for the rest of the journey to the office.

I was telling him the truth. It was indeed been a long time since I had watched the awards. But maybe it was this conversation that prompted me to open up the Oscars site for the next couple of hours and keep refreshing it in between work to see who was getting the awards.

It was nice to see Hurt Locker winning the Best Picture and Kathryn Bigelow get the Best Director awards. It was not that I had any favorites till that moment, but somehow when the awards were announced, I was pleased. It was especially good that Kathryn Bigelow was the first woman to win the Oscar for the Best Director right on the International Woman's Day! That would have been special. Or was it just a coincidence.

I remember I was totally pissed off when Titanic won the awards then. I really didn't like that movie a tiny bit. It was really depressing to see it equal a classic like Ben Hur in terms of number of awards won. But thankfully there were no acting awards for it and that was my only consolation.

This year was the 82nd Academy Awards on 7th March 2010.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android