How to fill a new diary

I find myself looking at the blank pages of a diary and wondering what words I should be writing on them. Each year its the same. And as usual no great words or deeds appear in my thoughts and I am reluctant to spoil the fresh clean pages of the diary. Why is it so difficult to start writing on a new diary? I keep asking myself this question every year.

Yeah, I do fill out the page that asks for detail. You know, the fill on the dotted lines stuff, asking personal information. And then begins the dilemma of how to write in those fresh pages.

Then some time in the middle of the year, I pick up the diary that's lying around, all empty pages and all, and start to scribble notes or whatever it is that I needed at that time. By this time, the pages would not be in the same condition as it was printed. Many of the diaries that are given out are made of not so great quality paper. Some of them would even be turning yellowish. Whatever the state of the diary, i could never fill out the pages of any single diary that I owned. Each and every one of them have empty pages. Still waiting to be scribbled on. Each page a shade more yellowish brown than the last time I had opened it.

So a couple of years back I started to give any diary I got to someone who would use it. Never had any afterthoughts on this. Better for it to be used by someone who is going to write on it than to be lying around turning yellow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android