Strange familiarity

Recently my friend told me that he never knew so many things were made in Belgium. He had come back from an official trip to Belgium and, ever since his return to India, had been seeing stuff that were marked "Made in Belgium". Have you come across this kind of experience too?
I know I have. When my wife and I were expecting our first child, we started to observe pregnant woman. I mean wherever we went, we would encounter at least a couple of them. Be it near the office, shops, restaurants.. It was crazy and funny at the same time.

I have been trying to find if there was some word to describe such a concept. Even though I searched some, nothing comes across that fits well. Very strange how the senses zoom in on the familiar. Like for me, of late, I have been quick to catch any FLS that is part of words. Especially when they are in capitals. For example, I was quick to catch the FLS on the sugar packet on my desk even though it were upside down. I had not noticed it earlier, but ever since I started on the project with the code FLS, I have been noticing "FLS" marked in all sorts of places.



Do you think there is a word for this? I searched a lot to find a word which would represent this kind of a phenomenon. But found none yet.

Comments

  1. I am pretty sure there is a word for this. I know the feeling of zooming onto something familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't term it Deja Vu. Deja vu is very specific. But what I am taking about is that you find similar things noticeable than you did earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android