Keep away from that coffee!

How is it possible to mess up coffee? I can understand, messing up tea. But how can someone mess up making coffee. I did not think this was possible. But, of late, I have been advicing collegues visiting my end of the work floor to avoid coffee from our pantry. The reason? It sucks! Absolutely sucks!

The first time I tried it, and found it bad, I only attributed it to the possibility that the milk was to blame for it. Nay! Not just a possibility. I declared that the milk was the culprit. Definitely the milk. The next day, I was not so sure! But then I reasoned that it has to be. How can someone mess up coffee? It was not possible I say! Even though I noticed that it was a new guy at the pantry making the coffee I just could not reason that it could be the person messing up.

Yes, we are pampered a bit. There is a guy, who is stationed at the pantry at our section of the company floor, whose sole duty seems to be to make sure that there is a steady flow of tea, coffee, badam milk for the employees. Nope, none of the awful automated Nescafe machines for us! It is fresh brewed stuff. Alright, not so very fresh maybe, but he does make the tea in huge batches at least three time a day. The same for the coffee and the badam milk.

The third day that I tried, it dawned on me, that there definitely was something wrong in the way this guy made coffee. I was shattered! How can someone make nasty coffee? Coffee powder, water or milk and sugar to taste. That's it, isn't it?! How ever much the degree of variance of these ingredients, the taste still had the inherent ability to balance out. That was my theory. But lo, this guy shattered it.

Haven't figured out yet how he manages it. But lesson learnt and I keep away from that coffee pot.


PS: He does make fine tea though. Hmm.. definitely not a coffee drinker!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android