Tempus Fugit

Looking back at my blog feels surreal these days. I make intentions of being regular at blogging and then when I get some time to re-look at my blog, what do I see? It has already been seven months since I last posted! Seven months?

By ca:user:amadalvarez, via Wikimedia Commons

Whoooah! Where did the time in between go? What happened to all that days? Was I really so busy that I didn't even get time? Then what have I been busy with. OK come to think of it the time since August 2013 has been pretty busy. Let me try to list off all those activities that happened since then.

  • The company that I work for got acquired by another one. So other than the longer water cooler discussions, there have been a lot of stress in finding out and actually integrating ourselves with the new way of working. And in some ways this is not complete yet. 
  • The number of projects increased. Yep I found myself heavily involved in three full fledged projects with me as the solution architect of all three of them and the additional responsibility of PM of two of them. 
  • I made a couple of quick visits to my parents in Kochi.
  • Then we invited into our family another beautiful daughter this Jan. MashaAllah.
  • One of the projects that I am involved in is based out of Bangalore. So three day visits each month to Bangalore has become a norm and in March I had to do an extra one too.
  • Then finally in April I took a week break to visit Kochi. But as it turned out I spent two of these days working! It was exactly 5 days off and I ended up working two of those days. Hmmm.. not a good sign I say to myself. But sometimes things just turn up and we don't seem to control them. Rather they seem to control us.
Ok, so looking at the list, I guess it should have helped me feel less guilty than I do now of neglecting my promise to myself to write more. There are so many promises and intentions that I make to myself and then somehow along the way, they get either diluted or left off. But that is life I guess, it has a way of sieving off the lesser important ones and bringing on the more important ones. 

At other times, life will try to deceive us. We need to decide what is more important than the other. And that is a focus we cannot leave to chance. That choice of what is more important than the other is left for each individual to decide on their own.

So do I regret that I didn't write more?  Nah. not that much. I can always get back to writing on the blog when I want to. At other times there is always the loads of emails that I need to respond to each day. That definitely ensures that I am never off writing even for one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android