Its raining, No taxi!

Yesterday, the weather decided to change it plans. From a bright and sunny morning, it quickly turned cloudy and was pouring heavily by 4 pm. Looking out of the window, it was very easy to visualize my plans of leaving office early getting soaked and flowing down the drain! Of all the days why did I have to come to office on my scooter!

Not being one to give up so easily, I made up my mind to get the taxi from just outside my office and go home anyway. I could always pick up the scooter the day after. So on the dot at 5:00, I rushed out to the line of taxi's hoping that there would be one, it being such a rainy day. Thankfully there was one still in the taxi stand.

Taxi driver is busy cleaning the moisture forming on the insides of the glass... He does not see me as I approach. He turns his attention to the other window.
I hesitate thinking he may be on hire, waiting for someone.. But since I am getting wet, I persist.
I knock on the glass.
He does not turn.
So I go to the other side of the car facing him.
He does not look up.
I knock again.
He brings down the window slightly.
me: Are you waiting for someone? Or on hire?
taxi: hmmmm.. (continues to clean the glass)
me: hello, are you free?
taxi: where to?
me: ganapathy.
taxi: it is raining
me: yes, I know, I am getting wet.
taxi: I cannot come since the road will have water.
me: (not able to make any sense of what he is saying. I am wondering, if his words actually mean something, or is he just being plain lazy!)

By now, another taxi is pulling into the taxi area..
taxi: Why don't you ask him? (pointing at the other taxi)

me: (Starts moving towards the other taxi, mumbling to self about rains and lazy taxis....)
me: need a ride to ganapath. Are you coming?
Other driver: have a customer now.. you ask the other guy.(pointing towards the taxi I talked to earlier)
me: He says his taxi doesn't go in the rain.
Other: What? #$*^%*@#** (picks up mobile and calls)

I can see the other taxi driver picking up his mobile. This driver proceeds to give a dose in tamil. Puts down the phone.
Other: he will come. you can go with him.

I walk across to the other taxi and get into, wondering if it was a good idea to ditch the scooter and go for a taxi considering that all this conversation happened with me in the rain and the drivers sitting within their car with the windows half closed! I am too cold to think of a moral to the story.

Comments

  1. :) You can thank the second taxi driver. If not for him, you would have been colder and wetter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.
    taxi barnstaple

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android