Parking at the apartment


When I moved to Mangalore, I looked for an apartment which was decent and had a reserved parking space. Yes, I specifically looked for reserved parking. I did not want to go around looking for parking space after a hard days work. And I got just such an apartment.

However, recently I have been having quite a bit of trouble with the car parking at my apartment. Even though the parking is reserved for me, I have been finding some other car parked at my space. Why? It seems that some owners did not pay up for separate car parking and hence do not have reserved parking. So they just park it at any place they want. They can see that it is marked for use by another flat number, however this does not bother them. They, and their guests, just feels free to park where ever the heck they want!

Why do people just think "me! me! me!"? Can they not be considerate enough to think about others? Will we not change? I find very few incidents where I find someone acting considerately to their fellow citizens. I am sitting here trying to think of one such incident, and none cross my mind now. All I can recall are callous disregard for law and order, and the me first mentality. Surely, there should be at least a handful of incidents that were positive in nature? There definitely must have been. It is all this negativism that I see around that is clouding out the good things.

I hope I can think of something in the future and jot them down here.

pic courtesy: Darren Hester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android