Legacy hardware


I upgraded my desktop recently and found that there was a problem in connecting all my existing hardware to the new motherboard.

In recent times, the preferred protocol for connecting devices shifted to SATA. So when I upgraded and got the new motherboard, there was a shortage in connecting my multiple IDE devices. I had 2 HDD and 2 DVD drives which needed the IDE connector.

A choice had to be made and I gave off one of my existing DVD drives right at the vendor place where I was upgrading. Now the trade-off in selling the IDE HDD(80Gb, 160GB) was not great so I decided to retain them for the time being. Now the issue was that I had two HDD and one DVD drive which needed to be connected where as only one IDE cable.

Well, after the upgrade, I have to constantly leave the tower open, and connect (and restart) the machine whenever I need to use the DVD drive. So until I decide to upgrade my HDDs and DVDs to SATA, my computer is like the snap shown. Hope my machine doesn't go completely legacy by then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android