The kids almost jumped up as soon as we called them in the morning. What contrast from the going-to-school mornings! Just a mere whisper and they were up. Finally, it was the day they were counting down to. The day I would start my vacation and our family would start the journey to Kerala to meet their grandparents. They had started the countdown at least ten days back with the ritual question "How many days more to go?". So I remember distinctly the 10,9,8... The question would be repeated both in the morning and in the evening although not necessarily restricted to two times a day. My eldest even prepared an elaborate check-list, complete with all the items that were needed to reach the destination. The check-list started with a "wake up" and went on for two pages. She had even illustrated it! (I was allowed to put it on the blog with a little blur effects.) So today as soon as they woke up, they grabbed the check-list and ticked of the first item....
Yesterday, the weather decided to change it plans. From a bright and sunny morning, it quickly turned cloudy and was pouring heavily by 4 pm. Looking out of the window, it was very easy to visualize my plans of leaving office early getting soaked and flowing down the drain! Of all the days why did I have to come to office on my scooter! Not being one to give up so easily, I made up my mind to get the taxi from just outside my office and go home anyway. I could always pick up the scooter the day after. So on the dot at 5:00, I rushed out to the line of taxi's hoping that there would be one, it being such a rainy day. Thankfully there was one still in the taxi stand. Taxi driver is busy cleaning the moisture forming on the insides of the glass... He does not see me as I approach. He turns his attention to the other window. I hesitate thinking he may be on hire, waiting for someone.. But since I am getting wet, I persist. I knock on the glass. He does not turn. So I go to the ...
Giving a demo to an audience always requires some preparation. Even if it is only one member in the audience, it matters a lot because the impression the person would have depends on how you are doing. As it is, it is difficult to give a presentation or market an idea to another person. Add to that the language barrier and the mix gets interesting. Well, I had my first experience with such a mix a couple of days back when I gave a presentation of the proof of concept that we were working on. My colleague from China acting as the translator for the presentation. He had already instructed me to go slow since it would otherwise be difficult for him to keep up and translate. Having no experience in this and no chance for a rehearsal, we dived in. The important thing for me was to keep track of what I was saying. Speaking slow and having to pause in between, I needed to keep my attention on where I was more than usual. My colleague would say the gist of what I had said and then te...
Comments
Post a Comment