Kids are born with tech knowhow

Have you noticed how the new generation is able to pick up the available technology like they were born with the know how? I have always wondered at my daughter being able to deftly weld the mouse, while I remember struggling to get the co-ordination going when I started off.

I remember my father's comments on the same topic when I was a kid. I had heard him saying that he was struck by how I was so quickly able to pick up the operations of the TV, VCR or the lift, whereas he has some reservations. He has all but given up operating the mobile and constantly asks my mom to handle the mobile :)

Am I getting old? Or is it that now that I am mature I hesitate thinking that I may damage the costly stuff? Whatever it may be, it is a wonder how quickly and naturally my daughter, her cousins and their generation has absorbed the usage of all the technology around them. Be it computers, mobiles, gaming console any thing at all. A few minutes tinkering with the stuff and they are experts!!!

When my elder daughter was just about 1.5 years old, we bought her a playing laptop. The one which sings out the alphabets when you press them and had some alphabet/letter identification game on them. Our main intention was to dissuade her from jumping onto my lap and banging on the keyboard each time I took out my own laptop at home. It worked too :) . Within 2 days she was showing me how to operate the gadget and whats more, within 2 months or lesser, she was able to learn all the English alphabets on them correctly.

Now, she has grown over that laptop, handed it over to her kid sister, and takes over my desktop when she wants to see cartoons or "paint" or do something else or the other...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android