Net identity

Isn't it cool that you can now use your facebook or google id on most sites to authenticate yourself. I remember the earlier days when one had to create a user account in the specific site to download or even write comments.

These days there are many authentication services available and most sites don't need their own. This is wonderful :) . Not only saves on remembering all those username/password, but also does help in maintaining an identity. I had earlier scribbled about it here in part.. Social Networking- what a vast space!, but the more I use it, more I like the concept.

I just wish they don't go overboard with all of them trying to create a "unique" "single" authentication mechanism. My 2cents for the guys, it wouldn't be so unique or single if all of you create one each, would it? Standardize please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android