Father's day 2010

Others may have celebrated Fathers day on 20th of June this year according to the Gregorian calendar. But Father's day for me is today! The day I became a father for the first time. I can still feel the bliss I felt when I looked at my daughter for the first time and got to hold her. It has been 5 years now since the day but the thought of it still gets me smiling and all warm inside. Mashaallah.

I was a little tensed up that day with some confusion going on at the hospital. (Well, that's another long story) And the doctor was moving my wife to the operation theater. My wife, as she is going, tells me that we should name her Taheyya if it is a girl. She just had that name pop in her mind and she liked it since it rhymed with my mother's nickname/ "ommana peeru". After about an hour and a little more, the nurse came out with my daughter wrapped in the white sheet. She was looking wide eyed and held a steady gaze at me. She was all pink and looked heavenly. The nurse took her back immediately and told me that she would bring her to the room soon. One of the happiest days of my life!

In the following years and till date my kids act as our very personal stress busters! Even after the most stressful of days outside, when we are back home, it is the kids and wife that make me forget all about the worries and tensions and make me enjoy life. It is truly an amazing feeling. Of course there are days that they are the cause for that stress, but always after the moment has passed, it becomes a treasured moment. Ah, my life would have been so very dull without these.

From my experience, I can tell you that the attention that the first born child gets cannot be matched for any of the other kids. Do you hear me all you first born? Not that most of you would remember. I doubt that my daughter would remember any of that too. But the pictures and videos should give some indication. Anyways, firstborns are the center of attention. I remember the time when my sister had her first kid and used to be with us at my parents home. How we used to pamper her! She used to be the focal point and each and every family member would be like planets revolving around her. Yes kids do that very easily don't they? Making you dance to their tunes with all the baby-talk, every changing moods, their wonderful antics and their spontaneity.

Today, when I am miles away, missing my family, I pray that God guide my daughter in the right path and keep her safe, cause the world is crazy at its best.

Comments

  1. Very well written and happy bday to Taheyya - just seems like the other day and cant believe its 5 yrs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't agree more with the last (but one) para.. :)

    May Allah bless you with more pious children, aameen..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well written! In fact i like all your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android