To Shanghai en-route at Hyderabad

I shall be jotting down some of my experiences of my trip to Shanghai and/or other places in this eastern part of the world in these posts. I don't want to put up everything in one post since it would become very long and I would tire of writing it.


My journey to Shanghai started out because a customer of the company wanted some features to be demonstrated as a proof of concept. So my colleague and I were sent in to perform the duty. The first part of the journey started when we took the Coimbatore to Hyderabad flight. The flight was en-route to Delhi and was almost full. The monsoon provided its fireworks in the form of lightening and the turbulence scared up my colleague, who is still trying to get used to air travel. He was thankfully able to find another seat away from the window!

Our papers were being processed from Hyderabad and so we would be waiting here for 3-4 days for the Visa to arrive and our journey to begin. Although it felt very lonely being away from my family, I was able to enjoy the stay at Hyderabad a lot. Got to meet a lot of friends with who I had worked previously. It was a great time. Moreover, I was able to go to Charminar. Wish I had some more time here to meet up with some folks who where in Hyderabad. Possibly the next time.

The airport at Hyderabad was as impressive as I had seen it last. The maintenance was done very well. Kudos to these guys. The arrival and the baggage collection was done in no time. We got a taxi and I was able to reach my room by 1:30 am at night.

Hyderabad has changed a quite a bit from the last time I visited. That was almost a year and half earlier. Amazing to see how many buildings can come up during this time. There was a KFC that opened up at Hi-tech city, a lot of different malls and outlets. The HyperCity mall at InOrbit near durgam cheruv was amazing. Very impressed! I guess it makes sense considering the number of IT professionals around this place. You can do the math.. but it sure looks to me as if there is huge purchasing power around! Why let the money move out??? :)

The company had provided me with a place to stay and the accommodation was great. I really missed Hyderabad a lot! Feeling nostalgic just thinking about the time I stayed here with my family. I even missed the chaotic traffic. :)

So on Monday(7th Jun 2010) 23:00 my colleague and I started off on our journey to Shanghai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android