The mail for my closed telephone connection

Whoa! Just received a mail from Airtel Telemedia Services. The contents of the mail accuse me of not paying up my dues! What the heck! I paid up all my dues before I left Mangalore. What is this weired amount of Rs.579? I never had such kind of amount pending.

So I called up the customer care number listed on their site for Mangalore. Call does not go through! Tried again, same results. Now I called up the local 121 and ask them. They are kind enough to give me Chennai Customer care number for the landline department.

The executive is very cordial and confirms that I have no outstanding on my account. I had taken special care, especially after knowing about my friend's experience when closing connections.

But a few things in the mail irritated the heck out of me.
  • "In spite of several reminders" - What reminders??? This is the first time someone mails me saying that I had some imaginary outstanding amount due.
  • "Kindly ignore this email if the outstanding is already cleared." - If you are not sure, when why in heaven's name do you mail me??!!! That too with threats of legal action!

Have I become the villan now? For what? Moving out of Mangalore and requesting for the account to be transfered to Coimbatore?

Heaven help me if I am asked to go to Mangalore to check my snail mails for threats or reminders from the big corporate guy!

Comments

  1. Please keep a record of the interaction like the day you called the helpline, the time and the person whom you talked to. If you can have a incident #, all the better! Or soon, they will come back putting the blame on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android