out to buy fish - mobile blog

It is getting hot by the day here. I am going out to get fish. Nope not to buy raw fish or to catch fish ;) but to buy fish fry from narayana's hotel. This is an old joint in mangalore which is very famous for its fried fish. Even posh hotels are said to have this item on their menu. I have heard that even the Taj at mangalore has it. And the menu item is not prepared the narayana way. Instead, these hotels buy it from Narayana's and sell at a higher rate.

Why not go to Narayana's and have it? Well, i mentioned that the place was old, didn't i? I should also add that it is a place which may not suit the delicate tastes of a posh audience. It is situated near the harbour and has the fisheries smell till the good old olfactory adaptation does not kick in. Also, the place even though so famous, is no more than a shack, serving rice and fish. Talk about specialization!

Well I am travelling in an auto so got some time to tap in these words. Live in action. ;)

While trying to find an auto, I stopped the auto and told him taj. Duh! is the reply. I say taj manjuran and he nods somewhere is between Duh! and agreed. I am still unsure. So i say narayana hotel. This time he nods his head violently indicating "agreed!!!". See how famous the place is! Sometimes I just forget it myself. that's why I started with The Taj, that I thought was famous :D

Anyways, mission accomplished. Bought some fish and am returning on the same auto. The auto driver was kind enough to wait for my packup to (made.

Am fasting today, so hope to enjoy fish fry in the evening dinner. God willing.

Next stop another famous place, an icecream parlour in mangalore. But will blog about that sometime later. God willing.

*auto - short for Autorickshaw

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan match fixing is denied

Hurray for the vacation!

screenshot on android